STEPS OF COOKING:
- Wash and soak rice in water and keep aside.
- Cut/slice/dice washed vegetables. Potatoes should be cut bigger.
- Dissolve saffron or Saffron color in half small tea cup / 50 ml milk and keep aside.
- Take 50 ml / Half small tea cup water, make a paste of pouch # 1 and keep aside.
- Heat enough oil in a pot for deep frying onions and vegetables. First fry onions till golden brown. Remove and keep aside and crush them after they dry.
- Fry vegetables one by one till tender, drain oil and keep aside. For convenience they can be fried in groups. Group more tender vegetables like potatoes and cauliflower together and the rest separately.
- In a pot take masala paste, yogurt / curd, crushed onions, saffron or saffron color milk, 30 ml / 2 table spoons of oil left over after frying onions and vegetables, Cilantro leaves/Kothmir/Hara Dhania, Mint leaves/Pudina and mix with the Fried Vegetables thoroughly.
- Take a pot, pour three liters of water and put on high flame, cover the pot and let it come to a boil.
- Pour contents of pouch No.2 and rice into the boiling water; stir occasionally till rice is almost done.(Once rice is put in boiling water, the process should not take more than 3 to 5 minutes).
- Drain rice thoroughly and spread it over the Vegetable mixture and over this uniformly pour 75 ml / 5 Table spoons of oil left over after frying onions/vegetables, cover pot tightly and put it on a big stove on high flame till steam comes out. This process should not take more than 5 to 8 minutes.
- Remove pot and place a wok (tawa) and then place pot on wok (tawa) on reduced flame as much that flame just touches the wok, for about 25 to 30 minutes.
- Put off flame and let pot remain on the wok (tawa) for at least 20 minutes.
- Open pot just before serving, mix thoroughly and serve Biryani hot.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.